Thursday, April 7, 2011

#171: First Thursday

Today was my first real Thursday without Little Man. In order to keep my mind off how much I miss him, I kept myself super busy!!

This morning, I had my first (and apparently only) dress fitting! It went well, but it took over an hour! They told me it would be only thirty minutes. Oops...lots to do with my dress! The good news is that I still love it just as much as I did back in September when I bought it!! And all the ladies that were there loved my shoes (remember them?).

After my fitting, I went to hang out with my friend also named Erin. We are awesome. She is awesome. And her two adorable kiddos are awesome. Her son just turned one back in March and her daughter is eight weeks old. They are two of the most laid-back kids I have EVER met! We ended up going to Chili's for lunch (and sat outside because it was 70 degrees!!!) and it was so nice to relax and catch up on life and play with the kiddos. It definitely helped my missing LM feeling.

As I was taking my shower before bed tonight, I started to plan out when I would start back up with the 30 Day Shred. If you remember, I had to stop because of some injuries (and here's how I was doing five days into it). I am fully healed (as far as I can tell) and ready to start anew! Life's been pretty busy lately, and I was planning on starting April 1st. But then all this occurred and I decided to postpone.

I started to work on cleaning up the basement tonight, and it's not looking conducive for a workout...

#1: The dresser that the TV used to sit on was my sister's, so obviously she took it with her when she moved.
#2: I have so many boxes, it's ridiculous!
#3: My Steve Nash Wheaties box is still alive and well. He has not been discarded yet.

On top of that, my parents brought these home from Lancaster, Pennsylvania this past weekend:
Excuse the sideways shot of the label, just take in the gorgeousness of the dumplings...
I can't believe I didn't have enough self-control to NOT eat one! I've managed to turn down cupcakes, but these I cannot resist. I am happy to report that I only ate half of the dough, but I did eat the whole apple! Got get my fruits and veggies, right?!

So let's just say, after eating that tonight and having my fitting this morning, I'm feeling pretty motivated to get started back up on the 30 Day Shred. Stay tuned and we'll see what goes down! 

Is there a dessert that you absolutely cannot resist? Something homemade? Store bought? Amish made, like my dumplings?

2 comments:

  1. A dessert I cannot resist? Are you crazy? I didn't know resisting dessert was possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Lately I have had a weakness for dark chocolate with almonds. Perfect to end a stressful day!

    ReplyDelete