Monday, April 4, 2011

#165: Happenings

Okay, please forgive me. I fell off the bandwagon for a few days!

Let's get back into the swing of things. For this post, I'd like to tell you what's been going on in my house lately!

Last Monday, my sister got married! She and her now-husband were childhood sweethearts and then...life happened. Families moved and contact was lost. Enter Facebook. Enter awesome sister Erin who adds sister's-future-husband on (sister's) Facebook account. Enter love story here.

Here's a few pictures from the day. It was great having my whole family together (minus J of course, but he was up on Saturday for a nice dinner with everyone!).

 The happy couple :)
 Somebody wanted in on some pictures...
 Family picture! 
 Sisters
 Brother!
 My gorgeous momma and handsome daddy
 The boys playing with their pizza dough
 My other little man and sister-in-law

And then, the dreaded day. As a new family, they moved to Raytown, Missouri. My brother-in-law was already living there, as he has a ton of family in that area, and so my sister and Little Monster went to live there. Such a hard few days, but I'm learning to adjust. Our house is much quieter and less filled with baked goodies, but I am so happy for my sister and her newly-made family. Can't wait to see her and LM at my bridal shower in just five weeks! And then again six weeks after that for the wedding!!

Here's a picture of my sister's storage POD being picked up from our driveway on Thursday. So crazy to watch!!
 Hydraulics to lift the POD up high (It's literally hanging by four chains)
  Then the truck gets backed in underneath it, it gets lowered and the latched in. Then it's good to go! 

Everything is a little different in the house without my sister and LM. It wasn't a normal weekend, so I'm sure we'll notice their absences a lot more this upcoming weekend :(

No comments:

Post a Comment