Thursday, April 14, 2011

#178: Round Trip

Today I made a round trip to Richmond. I've grown accustomed to spending hours in the car by myself, so this wasn't much different...

...except that it was a Thursday AND I was going down for a pre-employment testing session with a prospective employer. I was SO nervous the whole morning/early afternoon until my appointment at 2pm.

I met the really nice HR rep and she had me do...basically a math test. It was a series of 50 math/problem solving questions and they increased in difficulty. I had twelve minutes to finish as many as possible. I got to number 41, but had skipped two questions. I was 100% confident that about 85% of them were correct. The rep said that they run the scores of the test to see if your problem solving methods match up/mesh well with their training methods.

And apparently they do! I got an e-mail less than two and a half hours after my appointment asking me to come in for an interview next week. I was overjoyed and SO relieved. Now I'll get to make another round trip next week.

And if it includes any of the same things included in my day today, then I'll be a happy camper driver:
My handsome love <3
Dinner at The Black Sheep in Richmond
 Dessert at Sweet Frog. So yum.

2 comments: