Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#183: Royal Wedding

I am a girl.
And most girls like weddings.
But some girls LOVE weddings.

I am like some girls.
And add the word "royal" before that, and I am in major love.

With the royal wedding less than two weeks away, I am getting super stoked. And before you ask, yes, I am getting up at the crack of dawn to watch the wedding. I can't wait to watch history unfold before my eyes. I can't wait to watch a commoner pull up to the church in a Rolls Royce and leave as a Princess in a horse-drawn carriage. I love fairy tales.

What I am most obsessed with, however, is the ring. I adore that ring. I think part of the reason I love it so much is that sapphires are my birthstone. I love the cut of the gem and I love the surrounding diamonds. I also love the thin band! That's one of the reasons I love my engagement ring so much. It has a delicate band and it looks great on someone with slender fingers.
 Or maybe you would like an artistic shot, without my super skinny bony fingers? Ok, here you go:
So anywho. I've been searching for a replica of the royal engagement ring because I'm one of those girls. I would love to have one to wear as a right hand ring.

This is what I've found everywhere:
Look on the right. See ring. Look left. See ring. Compare rings. Sigh.

That is NOT a replica! Kate's (Diana's) ring has ONE band, not a combo of two. I am so disappointed that this is being touted as a replica. The slender band is such a huge part of the 18-carat ring!

Since I cannot find an exact replica, I've taken to searching for similar sapphire rings, and this is the best I could find:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3f9h8wu

I like the modern feel of this ring. And even though it might seem a bit pricey, I think it's a fair cost. Now if I could get J on board...

What do you think of the royal wedding? Will you be watching? Are you as enamored with the ring as I am? What do you think of my version?

*Kate/William/ugly replica ring picture from emitations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment