Saturday, April 30, 2011

#194: Engaged Again!

So for the last two weeks, I've been unengaged.

Ok, just kidding. But I have been without my gorgeous engagement ring! I had to take it in to the jeweler's with my wedding band. In order for them to fit together and sit flush, I had to have my engagement ring altered (again). I wasn't sure how it was going to look when it was done, based on the description by my jeweler Reza: "so basically, I'm going to cut off these two bars right here and voila!"

Um...

But I am happy to report that it looks great! It obviously looks weird with only two of four support bars underneath, but Reza assured me it's not any more fragile without those two bars. My e-ring does look a little funny by itself, but with the band, it looks amazing.

I also got the band resized and straightened out (it looked a little bent and wonky when I took it in). I love how thin and delicate it is! I had the option to have them soldered together, but I'd like the option of wearing just my wedding band by itself. Not that I would, because I love my rings together, but I'd like the option.
Just a reminder of what my ring looks like from the top :)
 Side view without the two bars. I'm wearing it with the empty side towards me.
 Side view
 Side view with the wedding band
Top view!

I felt bad having to alter the beautiful ring J gave me, but he assured me it was fine. I also felt guilty spending outside my budget for my wedding band, but I got exactly what I wanted and I'm not really a fan of the "upgrades" that some couples do. The ring J puts on my finger on June 25th, 2011 is the one I want to wear forever. Now...if he decides to buy me another band or two for our anniversaries...I could dig that. But it would be adding, not replacing.

PS: Like my nails? Wait til Monday when I tell you ALL about them. You're in for a treat!

1 comment: