Saturday, April 9, 2011

#172: Tapas and Sangria

Today (I guess technically, yesterday) was friend Alyssa's birthday! I met up with her and some of her coworkers at a tapas restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. It was so much fun! The restaurant was called La Tasca and since none of us knew what it meant, I whipped out my handy dandy iPhone. It means "a cheap dive or bar." I also didn't know was tapas were, and Alyssa informed me that they are little plates of food. Um, hello! I get to order multiple plates of food and it's acceptable? Sign me up. I heart tapas. I ended up ordering garlic cheese bread and empanadas (but I got to order them in Spanish and use my cool accent! And yes, I know "empanadas" is Spanish...). So delicious. I love the combo of good food, good drinks and (new) friends! Happy Birthday Alyssa!!

In other news, the government shutdown is not happening! Praise the Lord. It would have affected our family drastically, as my dad works as a government contractor. And a family of seven, with a wedding in eleven weeks, has a lot of expenses. What bothered me the most about the whole shutdown situation was that our troops would not have been paid more than half a paycheck on April 15. Those men and women fight for our freedom and they deserve exponentially more than they currently get paid, not have it taken away from them and their families. I am very happy that, and I'm excluding my not-very-nice opinion of politicians, they reached an agreement and that shutdown will not occur.

And it's the weekend! What could be better than that? Oh yeah, seeing my babes. Soon though...

No comments:

Post a Comment