Sunday, April 17, 2011

#181: Beautiful Weather!

It is amazing to me how beautiful weather can be such a motivator!! Today was a very productive day for me.

I went to the early service at church with my parents. I sat right in between them. I love being the "only child" sometimes. My mom shares her lotion and her sour candies with me. And my dad pats my leg to make sure I'm awake. Yes, both of those happened this morning. Early service is TOO early for me!

The reason we went to the early service was so mom and I could head to Silver Spring, Maryland (about a 40 minute drive) to check out a floral warehouse. Long story short, I think it was a waste of a drive. The manager was very unhelpful and acted like we were a nuisance. We did get to walk through the flower fridge and we got a good look at some pretty flowers. We made mental notes of what we liked. I saw some absolutely stunning white peonies and my heart fluttered a little. Guess what flowers will be in my bouquet?! (Remember my all-white flower post?)

After we got home (and it was only 11:30am! How's that for productivity?), I wanted to finish the massive move of my desk stuff from the basement to my bedroom that I started yesterday. I hadn't planned on bringing everything up, simply because there was A LOT of stuff. But my parents had other plans for the desk, so everything had to be cleared out. I brought everything up two flights of stairs (that was my workout for the day, I think I made over two dozen trips up and down total) and then went through and threw a lot of stuff out. Today I finished going through things.

 Then I went to TJ Maxx and bought this gorgeous dress! As you can see in the picture, I tried it on in gray as well, but J liked the periwinkle better. And so did I. I'm planning on wearing this for the plane rides to and from Cancun and maybe one night at dinner. It's so comfy and I love the length! I just have to remember to NOT put it in the dryer, so it doesn't shrink.
 Did second coats on our monogram letters. This is currently the only finished set. I love how they turned out!
 Then I hung out with this cutie in the backyard. I love this little guy.



 Aren't we cute? (By the way, he is saying cheese in all these pictures. He is such a ham.)
 As if I didn't do enough painting yesterday, I remembered I bought this frame at a thrift store for 69 cents a few months ago. It was pretty ugly, but that's why there's paint! And I figured if I screwed it up, I wouldn't be heartbroken.
 I used the same paint as I used on the "E" hook from yesterday.
It was looking pretty good after two coats, but the wood was so dark it will most likely need three to four coats total.

Were you productive today? What do you think of my dress? Is my nephew absolutely adorable?

2 comments:

  1. Still cleaning! LOVE the dress, love the nephew! :) Off to bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is super cute! Love the color. Your monograms look lovely! I can't wait to see the moss covered one. xo

    ReplyDelete