Saturday, April 16, 2011

#180: Perfect Day for Painting

Today's weather was...well...gross. It rained, thundered, lightning..ed? and of course the usual tornado warnings. I took the weather as an opportunity to get some DIY projects for our apartment and the wedding started.

 Started with some initial hooks for our apartment. They'll go in our entryway/living room.
 The three colors :)

 All done!
 Onto some monograms for the wedding!
 Since this set was cardboard, I decided to sponge paint them instead of brush painting.
 Got this far when I realized I painted the wrong letter...
 Oh, hey right letter!
 This letter will be covered in moss, but I decided to finish sponging the top just in case anything poked through.
 Onto the next set of monograms!
 LOVE this shade of green. This monogram set is really cute all put together!
 The colors I used for the final monogram set.

All in all, I spent about three and a half hours painting and waiting for paint to dry. But don't worry, I didn't watch paint dry. Because I've heard that's not fun. 

Can't wait to show you the moss-covered G! I'm going to try to get it done tomorrow. 

Did you get any inside projects done today during the bad weather? It seems like the whole east coast got horrible weather today!

1 comment: