Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#168: A Case of the Mondays

It's Monday again. Which means that the weekend is over. Which means that I won't see J all week and through next weekend.

I actually kept thinking today was Friday. How disappointing!

Since my sister and nephew moved, I am now able to move back into my old room! I decided to do a deep clean before moving back in, since it's a lot easier without stuff in there. I spent a lot of time cleaning the fan and desk/bookcase, since those seem to collect the most dust, which is awful for my allergies. Then I used my dad's forbidden Dyson vacuum and cleaned the seriously old carpet as well as I could...I would kill for some hardwood in that room! And just watch, I bet my mom will put hardwood in as soon as I'm gone!

I spent Friday night bringing my clothes and shoes up from the basement to my closet. It took an uncountable amount of trips. I think I even exclaimed at one point that I had too many clothes and shoes...luckily, no one heard me. Oh wait. Oops. I'm pretty sure a significant amount of my clothes will end up being donated instead of packed. I donate at least 3-4 trash bags full of clothes a year.

At 2am, I decided to call it a night. This morning, I picked up new pillows at Target. Since this full-size bed will become our guest room bed, I figured some new pillows would be nice. And at $13 total for four standard pillows, I'm a happy camper.

I'm planning on moving my computer and desk stuff up tomorrow. Most of my stuff will stay in the basement to get packed up, but all of the important stuff will be taken up.

What I've learned in this moving of the bedroom sequence is that I am NOT looking forward to moving all my stuff to Richmond! But once I get there, it will all be worth it!

I can't wait to spend my Sunday nights NOT driving on I-95 North!

No comments:

Post a Comment