Thursday, February 10, 2011

#115: 30 Day Shred

 Today you're only getting one post, because I am back on track! 115 posts down, 135 to go...


Some of you may be wondering how I'm doing with the 30 day shred. I'm sad to tell you that I had to stop about a week and a half ago. Some of the exercises were too high-impact for my knees and ankles, and I was having some trouble with tension in my neck from the weight lifting (which was leading to headaches).

I'm happy to report that my ankles and knees are feeling better (as long as I stay out of the heels!). I'm still having some serious problems with my neck and shoulders. I've had a headache (some days, migraines) at least once every day out of the past ten.

I just ordered a new pair of tennis shoes today, and I'm hoping they'll stabilize my ankles more and allow me to resume working out. My plan is to restart the 30 day shred and even though I'll probably have to stay on Level 1 for longer than I'd like to, I'm planning on working in some of the exercises from Level 2 that I liked and am able to do.

I never realized how much energy you get from working out! Even though each workout is only 20 minutes, I've noticed my lack of energy since stopping. I notice I'm feeling more lethargic and tired and I can't wait to get that energy back!

And because you know I love shoes and pictures of shoes, here's a picture of my new kicks:
Here's hoping they fit well! I wasn't able to try them on in the store (Kohl's), so I'll have to see how they feel when I get them in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment