Thursday, February 3, 2011

#107: Garden Ridge


I heard about this mega store called Garden Ridge through John and Sherry from Young House Love. Located in Richmond, it can be a tad overwhelming when you first walk in. J and I went on Saturday afternoon. We walked in, grabbed hands and headed off to the right once we entered the store. We first encountered lawn furniture and terracotta pots (quite an assortment, I might add!) and then came into the furniture section. Let me just say, I was impressed. They had really nice couches and loveseats for $299 and $249, respectively. They were nice looking and very comfortable. They also had a lot of nice armchairs. I think we'll definitely be going back there once we start our serious search for furniture.

J really enjoyed their vast array of silk trees and bushes. I, on the other hand, was not quite as amused as he was. Once I got my four-year-old fiance out of the trees, we headed to the rugs section. There were a lot of rugs, but I also noticed a lot of duplicates. We already have the rugs for our bedroom (I bought two of these to put together and at $40 total, not a bad deal!), so my next goal is a rug for the living room. We found a few that might work and the prices weren't too steep.

We then ended up in pillows and linens. I had picked out a really cute black and white accent pillow for our room, but then remembered I have pillow forms and fabric for FIVE pillows at home, three of which are for our bed. I should probably finish those first. I did, however, pick up a table runner for a whopping eight bucks. It's a really warm golden yellow and I think it will work well, whether we end up with a dark wood kitchen table or a black one.

After linens, we set off in search of the largest rectangular mirror we could find. Why, you ask? I'm planning on leaning it against a wall in our bedroom in order to: #1, have a full length mirror and #2, to open up the room and make it feel larger than it really is. However, the price tags on these mirrors was enough to send us running. And besides, we really have nowhere to store huge pieces of furniture, etc.

Running out time before we had to meet the Meltons for dinner, we quickly checked out all the goodies they had around their checkout queue. One bag of white cheddar popcorn and a bag of hot fries later, we made it out of the store with our table runner and snacks. Only $13. Wahoo. Can't wait to go back and fill up our home with goodies!

PS: It's Two-a-Day Thursday! Stay tuned for post #2 later today :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! I didn't know there was a Garden Ridge in Richmond!!! The first, and I thought only, Garden Ridge I've ever been to was 23 years ago in Texas!!! Dennis and I used to go every Sunday afternoon!!!! WOOHOOOOO! Day trip to Richmond for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome store! The weekend we went was RIGHT after they ended their huge after Christmas sale, so a large part of the store was empty. I'm sure it's even more hopping during the holidays! It's definitely worth a day trip! It's the one in Chesterfield and it's actually at the mall there.

    ReplyDelete