Monday, February 7, 2011

#112: A Case of the Mondays

I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays. Ok, fine, I'll tell the truth. I hate Mondays. They mean three straight days of working until 7:30p, missing dinner with my family, and not much free time.

On the bright side, it was somewhat warm today! I think the temps got into the low 50's. And going back to my high school days of breaking out the shorts when it hit 50, I wore capris to work today. I wore olive green dress capris with a new tank I got at Kohl's yesterday for seven bucks! I topped it off with a chocolate brown cardigan and mocha colored flats. I've had to lay off the heels (I think it's been over 10 days since I wore heels) because my back has been acting up recently. Not fun. Flats don't do a thing for my calves, which makes me sad. But not as sad as seeing my heels, untouched, on my shoe racks. No love for heels. Sad face.

I'm ready for some warm weather and some daylight when I get off work. I can't wait to get back to walking around the block after dinner and not feeling like I want to go to bed as soon as I get home.

I'm also ready for the weekend. J will be home (!) and we have a lot planned. We have a cake tasting Saturday morning after a Waffle House breakfast date. I don't think we've ever been to Waffle House together, which breaks my heart, because I heart Waffle House. Not for the waffles, but for the hashbrowns. I hope that's not a crime.

But for now, I'm ready for bed. It's been a Monday. It makes me think of this song by Francesca Battistelli. Sometimes I forget how big I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment