Friday, February 4, 2011

#109: Remix

I'm not doing the 30for30 Remix and I'll tell you why: I'm too chicken. You see, the rules are that you can't SHOP for 30 days. And according to this post, that would be a huge problem. I think I might try to do it for the spring/summer 2011 edition, but I'm just not mentally or emotionally ready. Seriously.

I thought I would do my own little version of a remix. Since I'll be moving in four and a half months, I'll probably be paring down my wardrobe quite a bit, so I don't end up moving things that I'll just throw out once I get down there. That would be a waste of my massive biceps' strength. So I thought I'd try to wear things that I haven't worn in over a year, to see if they're both practical and stylish with the other clothes I have. You see, all the kids have to play nicely with each other. Or they get put up for adoption. If only parenthood worked that way, right? Just kidding? (Don't worry about our future children, they'll be just fine!)

So anyways, as I laid in bed last night, I remembered this army green skirt I bought from Target probably a good five years ago. I haven't worn it in easily over a year, but it could be as long as two years. I thought I'd pair it with the new brown tights I got for five buckaroos at Target yesterday and of course, my trusty mocha knee high boots. I've gained a bit of weight in the past couple of years. Not very noticeable to the average person, but I've noticed most of my clothes are fitting a little snugger these days. So I chuckled a little at the thought of this skirt even still fitting me!

To my surprise this morning, I got the skirt on, over my hips (quite a feat) AND zipped up, and it fit pretty dang well. I tucked in a brown v-neck sweater (with a white cami under it for warmth) and added a little bit of color with a blue and white patterned scarf that one of my friends got me for my birthday two years ago (thanks Jennifer!). Tell me what you think :)

Sweater/Skirt/Tights: Target//Scarf: gifted//belt: Kohl's//boots: Alloy

4 comments: