Tuesday, February 1, 2011

#105: Addiction

I love to shop just as much as the next girl. Sometimes, though, I wonder if I like to shop TOO much. I've never seen Confessions of a Shopaholic but I could definitely see myself chipping a credit card out of the ice block I put it in to go buy some Louboutins.

Luckily for my credit score and my bank account, I don't own a credit card (outside the two store ones I have from NY&Co. and Kohl's, and even then, my credit limits on both are super low). And I'm much too paranoid about being in debt to go on extravagant shopping sprees. We bought J's suit and wedding band at Kohl's and I paid the balance in the store the following week, before I even got the statement in the mail. Yeah.

I do a lot of online browsing though. And I always put stuff into my "cart." Sometimes I end up getting it, sometimes I don't. I had this cute pair of brown ruffled flats in my online Target cart for weeks, and ended up not getting them. Right now though, I have these two beauties in my cart. And I'm about 99.9999% sure they'll be showing up at my house sometime in the near future:

1. Cowboy boots: I've been looking for a super cute (and inexpensive pair) to wear with skinny jeans now and with dresses/skirts in the summer. I think these will do the job. And at $30, they won't break the bank.
Photo Courtesy of Target.com
2. Sandals: I'll admit it, I want these to wear on our honeymoon. But that doesn't mean I'm waiting until then to wear them. I have a similar pair that I got this past summer for our engagement party and I wore them SO much. At $18, they'll last at least a couple summers and they'll be well worth the money. They go with just about anything!
Photo Courtesy of Target.com
I seriously heart Target sometimes. I actually just bought a cross-body bag for the honeymoon as well (I guess I'll have to break that in too...sigh...such a hard life). I really liked it and J could tell. He doesn't usually encourage me to spend money, but if HE tells me to get something, then that means he probably really likes it too. I was a little wary of the $30 price tag, but I figure I'll get a lot of use out of it, especially upon the move to Richmond. I have a feeling Louis won't fit in very well. Don't tell Louis...but he's not real. He's a knockoff I got in Ocean City. But I still love him. Hence the reason he's sitting next to me right now. But this new bag will be a little more practical and easier on the crook of my left arm. And hopefully a little safer?


My sister has off work this coming Sunday, so we're going to hang out. And I'm pretty sure "hang out" is code for shopping. Especially since we both have payday Friday coming up. We usually hit up Kohl's because they always have great deals. And I mean ALWAYS. I was perusing their site today...and I'm pretty sure some major damage will be done. Stay tuned for the update!

What is the one store you can't live without for apparel, etc? What about for home decorations (don't even get me started on how much I LOVE HomeGoods)?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, speaking of Home Goods, when are we going to have our little excursion there? Someone gave me a gift card that's burning a hole in my drawer (where I put it for safe keeping).

    ReplyDelete