Friday, February 25, 2011

#130: 3, 2, 1

Today was the last day I could use the number four. To describe how long there is until our wedding. Tomorrow, we enter the "3 months and some odd change" phase. Scary. What will be even scarier is when we're under 100 days. Eeek!

Today's weather was quite...interesting. And confusing. When I left for work at 11:45, it was 60 degrees. 60. Six-zero. I knew it was windy outside, so I wore a black sweater dress, gray tights, black pumps, a bright green sweater and belted it with a metallic skinny belt. Fabulous. I was wind blown by the time I got to work, but not even the slightest bit cold. I didn't even bring a coat with me.


Oh, did I mention the power was out at my house also? It went out at about 11:30, while I was putting together my lunch to take to work and my mom said it came back on about two hours later. The wind was wicked! Pretty sure it knocked a tree into the power lines.

Over the course of the first two hours I was at work, it was sunny. Then gloomy. Then downpour for about ten minutes. Then sunny. Then downpour. Then sunny. Then gloomy. I kid you not, it was intense.

I could tell the wind was picking up over the course of the afternoon, especially when my patients would blow in the door with, "Oh my, it's getting so windy out there!!" Why yes, thank you. Because I don't sit in front of a huge window or anything...

By the time 7:30pm rolled around, I was NOT looking forward to stepping outside. That whole not-bringing-a-coat-with-me idea was dumb. DUMB. I was shivering for the first half of my drive home. All I wanted was a hot dinner, a hot shower and some comfy in-bed reading.

Checks on the first two, now off to the third!

What was the weather like in your neck of the neighborhood today? Anybody missing snow?

Photo courtesy of westranchbeacon.com (google images)

1 comment:

  1. Sunny and wickedly windy all day, after rain in the morning. Had to drive around a tree that had fallen in the road this afternoon. crazy.

    ReplyDelete