Monday, February 28, 2011

#133: Momma

My mom and I went to go pick up her dress tonight, which had come in about...oh...2 weeks ago. Whoops. When we got there, she tried it on and it fit perfectly! It looks so great on her and I'm so happy I was able to buy it for her with my gift certificate.

Then we looked for shoes. She found a purse that she really liked and we got it using the gift certificate as well. Because she didn't find shoes that day, I used the remaining credit to buy my bachelorette party dress. Score. We were told that they would have new styles  in later in the year, so we went back tonight to look at them. Mom tried on quite a few shoes and we were getting pretty discouraged. Then I randomly picked up a box and showed them to her and lo and behold, those are the ones she ended up getting!

Next up was figuring out what color to get them (and the purse) dyed. Mom's dress color is "mocha" according to the tag, but as far as their shoes go, the "mocha" doesn't match the actual dress color. After much deliberation, we finally settled on a dark brown ("truffle") for the shoes and the purse, to compliment the dress and the matching jacket. My mom is going to look so awesome! She even mentioned that she felt like a mother of a bride and that made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment