Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#128: Zee Resume

I figured since I'm nearing the four month mark of the wedding, I should probably get on with the job hunt. If you read this post, you saw that I finished my resume! Such a relief.

I had definitely been dreading writing up my resume. I've never needed one before. I worked retail straight out of high school and my mom got me the job I currently have. So the task of writing about myself was daunting, to say the least. I've never really had to market my skills before.

I asked my dad for help and he forwarded me a copy of my sister's resume that he helped her with. I used this as my template and filled in all my information. At the time, I was chatting with my friend Anna and she mentioned that she could send me her resume as well. I would have been lost without those two templates! So thanks again to you two :)

I wrote everything I could write about my job and what I currently do. Then I had my dad read over it. Wow. He totally helped me beef it up, by asking me questions about certain things that I should have elaborated on and helping me to choose the correct (and marketable!) wording.

I am totally confident in my resume.

Now, if only I knew what to wear to these impending interviews...

1 comment: