Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#114: I'm Leaving...

...on a jet plane. Just kidding. I wish I was going somewhere cool...but alas, I am not. My title actually refers to my job.

If my calculations are correct, my last day of work before the wedding will be in 126 days. It might seem crazy that I'm counting down to the last day of my known stable income, but although I love my job (most days), I'm excited and super ready for a change. It's scary not knowing where my paychecks will come from after the wedding, but I know God will provide the perfect job for me. And I'm really looking forward to at least three weeks to relax, get married and spend quality time with my husband.

My patients, however, are having a tough time with the fact that I'm leaving. Most of them start out with "I bet he's not happy" (pointing in the direction of my boss' office), and I get the occasional "What are we going to do?!" but everyone has been understanding and has only good wishes for me. Then there's certain patients (mostly my favorites) who bring me these:

Love it. The person who brought me this actually admitted the other night that he has "embraced and accepted" the fact that I'm moving. And I of course invited him and his wife to our home in Richmond when we get settled. And I can't wait for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment