Sunday, January 9, 2011

#79: Mission Accomplished!

Feeling so accomplished today! J came home for the weekend and I dragged him to Pier 1 Imports because I was in need of a little design inspiration and also wanted to see if they had any leftover Christmas stuff on sale. After perusing the store and not really finding anything of interest (besides these cool little white ceramic balls with letters, numbers and symbols in black on them. Went to buy a j, an e, a g and an ampersand, only to find no j. Sad face), we headed over to the mall to see if we could price out some suits for J to wear for the wedding. We tried JCPenney and Macy's to no avail. Apparently, a light khaki linen suit is not as common as I had assumed it to be. My bad. I felt pretty defeated.

Well, today after church and lunch with J, my sister and Little Monster, J suggested a quick trip to Kohl's just to pass some time. Lo and behold, there were Chaps suit separates on sale for buy one, get one free. And if you've ever bought a suit, you know how expensive they can be!! Not only were they on sale, they also miraculously had J's exact sizes!!! I opened a Kohl's credit card (I had been wanting to do that for awhile) and saved an additional 15%! I was so happy to cross that off my list! Now I know the bride and groom will be looking goooood at our wedding :)

This coming weekend we are taking care of bridesmaid's and my mom's dresses. Three of my girls and my mom and I are going to David's Bridal to try on dresses. After I bought my dress back in September, I went online and wrote a review for it. That little ditty won me a $250 gift certificate to David's Bridal. I'm going to use it to by my momma a fabulous dress :) It's going to be so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you accomplished a lot this weekend! Josh was pretty excited about everything when he got back. Things are falling into place! :)

    ReplyDelete