Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#82: Case Study

I think it's about time for another case study. This time, I chose a super suave, chic wedding that I literally died upon seeing. I was then raised from the dead. Ok, not really. But I did drool a lot. I have no idea how those are even closely related...but I digress. As usual.

I love the black/white combo. Our bedroom's color scheme is black, white and gray for a reason, people. I love the crispness of a bold black and the cleanness of a nice white.  Putting these two colors together just seems natural. I've seen my fair share of black and white weddings (both in real life and through various websites), but I've never seen such a classy, elegant BROWN and white wedding as this one.

You don't have to scroll very far down the page to see what is so absolutely amazing about this wedding. In typical case study form, I'll split my thoughts into two lists. The first being what I love and the second being what I don't like or what I would change.

Likes:
1. The bride's lack of a necklace. I am so glad she decided not to wear one because I feel that it would have taken away from the gorgeousness of the dress. Pretty earrings complete the package on this one. Which, by the way, were a present from her husband. Love it.
2. The flowy drapes and flowers for the ceremony site. Drool.
3. Monogram on a cake? Yes, please! This is a super sophisticated cake and I think adding the monogram was the perfect touch. In my opinion, I think there could have been a few more flowers on the cake itself.
4. The lounge. I love when brides do a lounge at their weddings. And I love white furniture. Perfect.

Dislikes:
1. Bride's bouquet: I feel like it looks super flat on top. I would have gone with flowers a little bigger and with some depth, like maybe a peony or a rose.
2. Centerpieces: I love all the flowers and the quantity of vases of flowers on each table, however, I thought they were all a little low. I love to play up the height thing, mixing tall centerpieces with short ones to constantly draw your eyes elsewhere, from table to table. 
3. The cake table. I would loved to have seen the cake table with less flowers at the base of the cake. I feel like they really detracted from the crisp, clean lines of the cake. Maybe an antique silver cake plateau would have worked well.

What do you like/dislike about this wedding? Do you like the not-used-often-enough combo of white and brown, instead of black?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness you die a lot! Perhaps you need to look up the definition of "literally." :) This was a very classy wedding, but I agree with everything you said. I wish there were more pictures of the bride and groom too. Would love to see more of that dress.

    ReplyDelete