Thursday, January 27, 2011

#99: Snow Day

As you probably already know, I hate winter. I don't like the cold, and I certainly don't like the snow. I do, however, like wearing knee high boots and cute scarfs.  But I think I could still pull that off on the West Coast. Which is where I'd like to be right now. We finally got our power back about 90 minutes ago, after a very long and cold 18 hours without it. No electricity = no tv, no internet, no hot chocolate and no heat. My bedtime routine was a little different last night, as I brushed my teeth in icy cold water (in the dark) and made my way to my bedroom with a flashlight. It then took probably an extra five minutes just to pile on all the quilts I had brought to my bed. But I slept pretty soundly (and warmly) and only woke up once (God only knows what time it was, seeing as how I had no clock and I had turned my phone off to save the battery. It was still dark though, so I'm assuming it was my regular 4am wake up in the middle of the night time.).

Upon rising at a very late 8am, I discovered there was still no power and the house was very, very chilly. My mom started a fire in the fireplace (I don't think we've had one in there in over 2 years because of the safety hazards with two little ones running around) and I curled up on the couch with two quilts and a book. My parents managed to clean off my sister's car (since my parents couldn't get my mom's SUV out of the garage because of the power outage) and then went off to McDonald's to get us all a nice warm breakfast. I had them bring me a hot chocolate and it somewhat thawed me out.

I pretty much spent the rest of the day in the chair closest to the fireplace and a certain Little Monster spent most of the day in my lap. In his pjs. The kid loves his pjs. Here's a little snapshot of what our day looked like. Notice these things:

1. How quiet it is in the background.
2. LM's entrancement with the fire.
3. How he kisses my finger (which is holding my iPhone) at the end of the video.


How did you spend your snow day? Did you even get a snow day? Did you lose power too?

1 comment:

  1. I like the little nose pick! :) We didn't get a snow day. Considering the people I know up north who lost power, I am glad!

    ReplyDelete