Friday, January 21, 2011

#93: GO SUNS!!

Just watched my Phoenix Suns play the Washington Wizards for the fifth year in a row. I made sure I wore my Nash shirt and of course, accessorized it with black skinny jeans and black knee high boots :))

If you're wondering who won, you are no friend of mine! Of course, the Suns won for the fifth year in a row. I'd like to think it's me being there that helps them win. The game started off a little rough for my boys. We (yes, we) didn't get the lead until the second half! It was definitely a nail biting first half. We were down by 11 after the first quarter, but only down by one at the half.

The second half was very eventful! There were some amazing slam dunks and some gasp inducing blocks from both teams. I actually have some favorites from the Wizards: John Wall and Nick Young. Those are two very talented players right there. As Senator John McCain said (yeah, he was hanging out with us at the Verizon Center tonight, and of course rooting for the Suns! He said he usually roots for the Wizards, except for when they play the Suns), "John Wall is like a young Steve Nash. Really talented guy." Oh yeah.

Steve Nash's understudy, Goran Dragic, did a great job finishing out the game. It's obvious he's been following Nash's lead. He gets the ball moving (man, that kid can RUN!) and keeps it moving, like old school Suns style, before we lost half our players to other teams because of trades. I miss my old team, but the new Suns have a lot of promise. Channing Frye was amazing tonight! Or as Steve Nash tweeted (don't judge me because I follow him on Twitter): "Channing Frye en fuego." He was shooting off threes left and right. So great.

I'm sure you're probably tired of hearing me go on and on, so here's a few pictures!
The view from our seats (zoomed in)! About 50-60 feet from the Suns bench.

The real view from our seats. These were better (and cheaper!) seats than we got last year.

Suns' players! I'm pretty sure I was just trying to get a picture of Steve Nash...fail.

The guys going into the locker room at halftime.

A happy happy Suns fan (in my Nash shirt!) :))


Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment