Sunday, January 2, 2011

#71: Presents Present

J and I got some good loot for Christmas! We got a lot, so let me just share my top five! Some of these were just for me and some of them were shared gifts:

1. Refrigerator Boxes: If you're not an antiques enthusiast, you may just think I mean Tupperware. But I don't. I mean glass dishes that stack together neatly to store your food. I LOVE them. I've been looking for a complete set (a large square, half size rectangle and two smaller squares that all fit together nicely) for awhile. My parents went to Lancaster, Pennsylvania for their anniversary back in November and my mom came home and said, "I am SOOOOO excited for you to open one of your Christmas presents." I can only think she was referring to these bad boys.


2. Artist/Ring Glasses: My mom and dad got us these cute martini glasses because they are so us! One is paintbrushes (obviously for J) and the other one has a cute engagement ring on it. She said they were super cheap and didn't expect us to use them for anything but decoration, but that she really liked them for us. So cute and we love them :)


3. Games: J wouldn't let me put games on our registry at Target because, and he is SO 100% right, "we need more important things than games." Yeah, yeah. So I must've lamented about this to my sister-in-law and my FSIL too many times, for they both bought us games!! We now own Apples-to-Apples (a Christmas present from a friend a few years ago), Jenga (our Black Friday purchase last year, along with Rummikub), Scrabble Flash (SIL), Monopoly (SIL) and and Whoonu? (FSIL). We had just played Whoonu? the previous week with J's family after we celebrated his birthday (we also opened it up and played on New Years Eve with my family!). It was SO much fun, and I'm so happy we own it now :) Thanks to my awesome sisters for those!

4. Master bedroom blanket: Our master bedroom color scheme is black, white and gray with a pop of canary yellow here and there. We've registered for a black bed skirt, a white down comforter and a gray micro-plush blanket for those cold winter nights when layers upon layers of blankets are needed. Well, my parents bought us the gray blanket for Christmas! We were so happy and it's the first thing we own that will go on our bed. We immediately nuzzled up to its softness.

5. Diamond necklace: I had jokingly been asking J for diamonds for Christmas, knowing full well I was not going to get them. It was a silly request. But lo and behold, in my stocking from J this year, at the very bottom, was a little blue box. And inside was a beautiful heart necklace with a single diamond in it. I love it! I've worn it everyday since Christmas! Thanks babe! (Next year, I'm totally asking for the BMW I've been eyeing...)

So did you get anything good this year? Let's share!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you like the necklace. Josh showed it to me before he left and I was so excited for you! :) The guys gave me a really nice wine rack and I got some more bee accessories! I am always amazed what bee stuff people come up with. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete