Saturday, January 8, 2011

#78: Snow Day

As I sit here at work drinking my extra hot, one Splenda, sugar free vanilla latte, I'm also looking outside at the snow! It is coming down out there! When I woke up this morning and looked outside, I thought the snow was done and all we were getting was a dusting. I was still glad I parked in the garage though! My parents are out of town this weekend and no one else in my family had to work this morning, so I decided to be lazy (or genius?) and park in the garage so I wouldn't have to brush off my car before work. Score! But when I opened the garage door this morning, the snow was really coming down! I couldn't believe it! I think it's subsiding now, which is good, because J is on his way home for the weekend!

It's only been five days since we last saw each other, but we are super pathetic. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest semester since J went away to school in the Fall of 2008. It's killing us. But then I remember all the servicemen and women who are away from their family, sometimes without any communication, for months and months at a time. And it's then that I feel extremely grateful and blessed to be able to freely communicate with Josh and know he's safe at all times. I am seriously and ridiculously blessed.

Not to be random, but my shoulder hurts. I started the 30 Day Shred workout that I mentioned here. 20 minutes with only a mat, 3 pound hand weights, and Jillian Michaels on DVD. For 30 days. I think I can do it. My boss informed me I'll be more sore after 48 hours (rather than the initial 24), so I have to keep up with it and work through the soreness, making sure I continue stretching and drinking lots of water. Can't wait to see the end results! My biggest issue with any workout though (and the success with which I complete it), is carving out the time for it every day. My schedule with babysitting Little Monster is a little different every day, and sometimes I make plans for after work and get home late. I'm going to make this exercise a priority though, for my overall health and well-being.

Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait until you visit us so we get the benefit of you and Josh being together too (meaning you are here with us!)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! The making it through this semester, AND the thirty day shred, I started that, but was NOT consistent, and only did it a few times. I was so so sore, but I really felt like it was doing something, so that's good. I like Jillian, save for even just doing it a few times, I already had her memorized and yelled at her before she told me to "hold on" "almost there" .... "LIAR! YOU LIE!"

    ReplyDelete