Monday, January 3, 2011

#72: After Christmas Sales

I did it. I braved the wind and snow on Sunday, December 26th to do some after Christmas shopping. The main priority of my trip to Target was to find a cheap Christmas tree, but I encountered lots of lovely little things along the way...that went into my cart.

1. Table runner: I really wanted to buy a cute Christmas tablecloth, but there were two problems with this idea. One, I have no idea how big or what shape my dining room table will be. And two, the only tablecloths they had left were 60"x120"...which are large enough for my mom's eight person dining table. Pretty sure ours will only seat four. So I settled for a runner. And I love this one!

2. Green chargers: I thought these would be awesome to spruce up my holiday table! They'll go well with my red table runner (I really like the red/green combo for Christmas). And on sale for $2.50 for four of them, I couldn't pass them up!

3. Silver chargers: For the same price, I decided to get the silver chargers as well...they'll work well for other times of the year :)

4. Gift wrap/gift bags: If you've known me for any length of time, you'd know that I used to work at Hallmark. It was my first job and I worked there for five years (overlapping with the current job I have now for about a year). I absolutely LOVED working there and I stockpiled tons of gift wrap over those five years. Unfortunately, my supply has quickly dwindled and I found myself with only five half-rolls left after Christmas this year. So I decided to stock up on four megarolls (larger than usual roll wrap), all in bold red and white prints. Can't wait to use them next year!

5. Now, I wish I could take the credit for finding our Christmas tree, but I cannot. All the credit goes to J. Not only did he find us an awesome tree, but he bought it for $13.13 (including tax). If you see here, 13 is my favorite number. So it's no coincidence that this tree was meant for us!

Did you score any awesome deals after Christmas?

1 comment: