Thursday, January 6, 2011

#76: Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

I love lists, you know that. Or at least you should by now! Another thing I love is celebrating the anniversary of special dates. J loves doing this too! We celebrate our dating anniversary (May 9), our first kiss anniversary (December 20) and this year we got to celebrate our engagement anniversary! We wanted to go out on New Years Eve, but J had to work at 5am on New Years Day, and we technically didn't get engaged until 12:15am on New Years Day, so we decided to wait until then to celebrate that anniversary. A big thanks to the Melton family for the very generous gift card to The Melting Pot and for no advanced notice of the massive food coma we endured after our four course meal.

And because you know how much I love taking pictures (and how much I love food...), here is a picture representation of our night. Complete with commentary. I know you love my commentary!

 I couldn't decide whether I liked this picture...
 ...or this one, so you get both :) Aren't we cute together? I think so.
 Oh hey handsome!
 The flash was a bit much, so we decided to go with the red romantic light from the restaurant :)
 Leaning in so I could get a better view!
 Me!
 Me again...sorry...
 Aaah, the food! I didn't think to get a picture of our AMAZING cheese fondue or the delectable salad (with...get this...Parmesan crusted pine nuts. So delicious. I died.)
 How we felt after dinner...so full...
 Clean plate club :)
 Mmm...chocolate fondue with flambĂ©ed marshmallows.
 We made quick work of the pound cake, cheesecake, bananas, graham cracker coated marshmallows and oreo crusted marshmallows and brownies. And strawberries, of course. So we asked for more strawberries...
 Finished! We rolled outta there (literally) after a nice three hour long dinner. So lovely :)

Have you been to The Melting Pot before? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely a favorite restaurant at the Meltonhive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE the melting pot! After seeing your pictures, I am suddenly hungry. Sadly, we have nothing close to chocolate fondue in the house. We do have marshmallows though!!! I'm not above that, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete