Monday, November 22, 2010

#36: 50 Things

I have been having some insane writer's blocks lately, so tonight I decided to let you know a little bit more about me. There's a survey-type thing going around Facebook lately, so I thought I'd indulge and do it here for you:


50 Things About Me

1. I want to live in the countryside one day (Why am I moving to Richmond? Don't ask)
2. I love doing laundry! Nothing like stacks of clean clothes :)
3. I'm pretty sure I keep the Post-it company in business. I use them for EVERYTHING.
4. I have a picture of J from when he was 7, and it makes me wonder what our kids will look like.
5. I have an addiction to shoes (Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?)
6. I'm a country girl at heart. I've listened to country music my whole life. 
7. I really hate writing in blue ink. I stick to black.
8. And for that matter, I usually only use BIC pens. I hate fountain pens and fancy pens.
9. I would rather hand write something than type it. Although I do love typing, and I type fairly fast.
10.  I wish I could spend the whole summer at the beach.
11. I love the Pearls Before Swine comic. We have the calendar in our bathroom.
12. I like to help my mom pay bills. I write the checks, stamp and lick 'em closed. I think I like it because it's not my money ;)
13. I have an obsession with numbers. And 13 is my favorite. For example, I picked our wedding date for a reason: 6-25-2011 ---> 6+2+5=13 yeah...don't judge me (notice what number this is?)
14. I could not live without my iPhone.
15. J and I got engaged on NYE, and I still have the New Years hat J wore and the tiara I wore that night at dinner :)
16. I recently splurged and bought myself the Ed Hardy perfume I absolutely LOVE. I feel a little guilty every time I spritz it on.
17. I own over 60 pairs of shoes (give or take 25...ok give), but I do not own a pair of simple black pumps. I just had to get rid of my 5 year old ones because they no longer supported my feet comfortably. So sad.
18. I love to read. I can read books in no time and usually have to take more than one on a trip with me.
19. I hate those plastic eco water jugs. They smell funky, which makes my water taste funky. I buy a big bottle of water every now and then and re-use that bottle. I'm a water bottle snob. Deer Park for me :) (and Ethos from Starbucks isn't too bad either)
20. I don't eat seafood. Except I may or may not be coming around to crab. My Maryland family will be so proud. And now my dad will stop threatening to disown me.
21. I really want to be a bartender. I think it would such a fun second job to have.
22. Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons make me happy.
23. I have the best friends in the world. Love you all!!
24. My cat's name is Tabitha, but we call her Tabby. Coincidentally, she is a tabby cat.
25. I finally got my passport this year! Can't wait to use it on our honeymoon!
26. J's middle name is Edward, and I always joke that I'm going to start calling him Eddie (Wedding Planner reference anyone? Steve Edison? Come on!)
27. OPI is hands down my favorite nail polish brand EVER. I don't own anything else. And Seche Vite top coat is amazing.
28. I have started a pretty hefty wine collection. Can't wait to expand...and drink it.
29. The most I have ever paid for a pair of heels is $100. I was obsessed with Jessica Simpson high heels and used my Christmas money to buy them one year (waste of money, btw).  Next most expensive? $31.45...and those were my wedding shoes.
30. I have never read a Jane Austen book. Is that a sin?
31. There is a colony of jumping crickets living in my basement. I kill at least one a day. It grosses me out to no end. And yes J,  I know they won't hurt me.
32. I love peanut butter cups, but hate Reese's pieces. 
33. I love peppermint patties instead of candy canes at Christmastime.
34. I feel really adult when I write checks.
35. I still have all 3 bridesmaids dresses I've worn. They're just waiting to be worn again! haha
36. On more than one occasion, I have bought a present for someone else and ended up keeping it for myself.
37. I believe everyone should own a black sharpie. They come in handy all the time.
38. A tip I learned from an old co-worker: store your pens upside down.  The ink will always be ready to go.
39. I graduated in the same auditorium three times: high school (Hayfield), community college (NOVA) and university (George Mason).
40. My car's name is Darth Vapor. The color is vapor gray. It seemed fitting.
41. I cannot get my parents to get Facebook for the life of me. My grandma, J's grandma, two of my aunts and whole bunch of my family are all on it, but they swear they will never sign  up.
42. My mom and I always try to one-up each other. I got a new phone, she got an iPhone. I then got an iPhone 4 and she bought a new car. I will probably never win. And that's ok with me.
43. My least favorite letter in the alphabet is G. It only seems fitting that it will be my new last initial. God does have a sense of humor.
44. The majority of the pictures on my phone are of my two adorable nephews. Sigh. Wait til I have my own kiddos. It will only get worse.
45. I love Coca-Cola. I joke about being sober from it. I went for almost three months without any. I quit cold turkey and I was a disaster for almost a week from the withdrawal headaches. I'm slowly letting it back into my life (once a week or so).
46. Since I quit Coke (haha I sound like an addict), my love for water has seriously increased. I never leave the house without my water bottle.
47. J and I joke about eloping before our actual wedding...I have a feeling our moms would kill us (not to mention our grandmas)
48. I read today that symmetry in a room brings control and balance. I think that may be why I'm obsessed with symmetry. I need a little balance. (And two is definitely better than one)
49. I love making lists. Obviously.
50. I am so grateful that all of you are reading and commenting on my blog. It means so much to me :)

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love doing laundry, too! Haha. And I feel the same way about water bottles. While I have one of my own, I usually prefer to get water that has already been bottled like Deer Park (as you mentioned) or another brand. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6. Remember the year that you listened to Lauryn Hill....on repeat....with me....and car-danced
    23. Love you too girl :)
    28. Can't wait for you to share your wine collection with me
    30. It is a complete sin to not read Jane Austen
    36. I hope none of those presents were mine
    43. Erin Graydon sounds perfect
    44. If you have kids anytime soon.....I'll spontaneously combust

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these E! You did own a pair of black pumps for all of 24 hours ;) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It freaks me out how many of these I can TOTALLY relate to. Except the shoe obsession... there aren't a lot of shoes you can obsess over when you wear an 11W. :-p

    ReplyDelete