Friday, November 19, 2010

#33: Out of Juice

My creative juices have dried up today...so sad. But since I have an obligation to you, my readers, I will provide you with some form of entertainment today.I think what we will do is something I will call Case Studies. I'll give you a link to a wedding from StyleMePretty.com and then we will dissect it, and figure out what parts of it work and what parts of it don't. 

Here goes: Today's Case Study

Here are the parts I love (follow along because I can't copy and paste the pictures here):
1. The cupcakes! I love the rustic look with the muted colors and then the bright cupcakes for a pop of color!
2. The "R"s everywhere! I love monograms, and we have quite a few planned for use at our wedding. My new last name is so important to me and I can't wait to incorporate it into my life.
3. Love the place settings and the table decorations overall. Love the natural coloring and the simple, yet detail oriented centerpiece.

Here are the parts I could live without:
1. The blue curtain behind the cupcakes. It looks like something out of a 100 year old house. They could have used a bright, patterned tablecloth to hang as a background or maybe some green sheers. The blue seems so boring.
2. The card box. Love the idea of putting cards into a suitcase, but I'm realistic. Leaving cards out like that are just asking people to steal them.  I think I just heard you gasp, but it's so true. And it happens ALL the time.
3. Candles. I love candles. But I know that people like to play with fire. And I'm not just talking little kids, I'm talking grown adults. Just ask my mom. She let our church use some of her custom made tablecloths for a reception...and one of them came back with several burn holes in them. And they're not holes from accidental wax drippings, they were intentionally burnt. And tealights are just asking for something to be stuck inside the melted wax. See the trend here?

So there are my takes. What do you think? What's your favorite part and your least favorite part of today's case study? And what would you like to see my take on in a future post?

No comments:

Post a Comment