Monday, November 8, 2010

#22: Fall is Back

I'm not a fan of winter. Or really fall, for that matter. I don't do snow and I don't do cold.

Listen, and listen good: I am a San Diego girl. I will settle for nothing less, even if that means whining my way through November, December, January, February, and most of March.

The only time snow is acceptable is when it snows so hard I get out of work (This doesn't happen very often. You try having a boss from the Midwest). Or if it coats everything but the roads. Then again, in Northern Virginia, people forget how to drive if they so much as see one little teeny, tiny snowflake.

What brought on this mini-rant? I had to put away my summer clothes and begrudgingly pull out my sweaters. Don't get me wrong, I love sweaters and fall fashion, coats, tights, and boots. I just don't like having to wear them because I'm cold.

This is why I'm a June bride. I love summer, I live for summer. I love bikinis and the beach, bay breezes (the drink, sorry Dad), banana boat tanning oil, flip flops, fun dresses, driving with the windows down, snow cones, bomb pops, hanging out at the pool all day long and jumping up the second I hear the ice cream man pull into the parking lot.

What's your favorite month and why? (Flashback to elementary school or what? Luckily, you don't have to draw a picture of you in your favorite month this time)

1 comment:

  1. I like the exact OPPOSITE of you! Favorite time of year? October to February. Fall is amazing. But summer does have its good points. Your wedding is one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete