Sunday, November 7, 2010

#21: Sunday Funday

Well, folks, it's another Sunday, which means another episode of Bridezillas was on tonight. And boy was it a doozy.  It was a special TWO HOUR LONG episode. I was in heaven. This episode followed three "special" brides. They were definitely the most outlandish I've seen all season.

One of them made her fiance sign a prenup.  This bride also wore SIX dresses on her wedding day. I'm sorry, but that is beyond overkill. I can't even imagine changing out of my dress into one other dress, let alone five other dresses.  I feel that a wedding dress should be special, not part of a fashion show (although I do love a good fashion show every now and then).  The sad part was that every single one of those six dresses looked identical to me.  Strapless ballgown with pickups and a lot of embellishment in the worst kind (to me): sparkles. I don't do sparkles. Really.

Another bride had a little hair dilemma (my phrase, not hers. I'm actually pretty sure she was in love with her hair). My problem with it? She had TWO huge flowers in it. And I'm not talking small flowers either.  These were two huge honkin' flowers, one on either side of her little messy "updo" (I use that phrase lightly...I'm not even sure what kind of style it was).

And the third bride was quite a little spitfire.  I'm not even sure what her issue was. The moment I was flabbergasted by was actually the day of the wedding.  She couldn't find her (ahem) undergarments to wear under her dress, and called her groom to find them.  Then it shot to a little interview in the hotel hallway where she admitted she spent $50 on one pair of undies. WHAT?!  And they never did find them.


These three brides make me (and should make my family) grateful that I am somewhat normal.  No prenup (although J and I joke about it sometimes), no ugly hairstyles (thanks to my twinnie Ash), and no $50 pair of undies (still shocked about that one).

And with that, I leave you with a little Bridezilla clip. Enjoy!



PS: Happy Birthday Momma!!

2 comments:

  1. :: wow. Just......wow. That bride...........wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to buy you a cheap toaster to smash on your wedding day. (:

    ReplyDelete