Friday, November 5, 2010

#18: Maids of the Bride

**I forgot to post this yesterday! So today you will get TWO posts, you lucky ducks you :)

My girls are everything to me. Without them, I would not be the woman I am today. They have seen me all dressed up, without makeup on, in dresses, in sweats, perfect skin, teenage acne, with braces (omg and headgear too, how awful), through good times and through some of the darkest times in my life. I have the most amazing friends.

I wanted have 10 bridesmaids, but for a wedding of only 125 max, 10 is a little overkill. So J and I agreed on six bridesmaids and six groomsmen. Picking my bridesmaids was such a hard decision and I didn't come by it lightly. I picked the girls I had known the longest (two family members), and girls who had the biggest impact in shaping me and in shaping my relationship with J. That's not to say the girls I didn't pick didn't have an impact on me. I knew that the girls I didn't pick would understand, but would also be able and willing to help in other aspects of our wedding.

Each of my girls will get their own post later, but I just wanted to let them all know I love them very much! I wouldn't be where I am today without you :))

No comments:

Post a Comment