Sunday, November 14, 2010

#28: Talons

As a girl, I have a right to paint my nails whatever color I choose. I've painted them every color under the rainbow, but as an adult, I've found my favorite go-to colors.  And Susan is happy to oblige.

Susan is my nail lady. I love her. To death. She's been doing my nails for years and has seen them in many different stages: acrylics, pink and whites, short, long, looking realllyyyyy bad and looking really good.

I went to see her a couple weeks ago after a long time of doing my own manicures in order to save money.  I still had on my previous nail polish from about five days prior.  Imagine my surprise when Susan looks at them and says, "You did a really good job!" Most women just watch tv or read a magazine when they get their nails done, but not me. Oh no, I watch Susan very closely. I've learned the tricks of the trade.

My go-to color is an OPI shade called "Midnight in Moscow." It's kind of a dark charcoal with red and gold tones mixed in. It looks black at first glance, but rest assured Mom, it's not. I currently have two bottles of it (thought I lost one and bought a replacement), and I'm pretty sure those are my fourth and fifth bottles of it. It looks so good on short, squared nails.

Last week, I used another favorite color, called "Royal Rajah Ruby." It's more of a reddish color with a golden tint.

I hate hate hate HATE having chipped nail polish. One nail chips, they all get redone or at least taken off. And they almost always chip at work. Oh, the irony.  So imagine my (non)surprise when I look down Friday and see this:
So not cool.
I, of course, went home and gave them a makeover and ended up with these:
Oh, hey bling :)

I love french manicures. And it's so nice to see a not-dark color on my nails. And God must've known I needed a french manicure because I now have this in my possession:
And I of course had to try it on with the shoes and see how it all looked together :) And if I wasn't excited about our wedding to begin with, I sure am now!!

Do you have a go-to nail polish brand or color? Do you do your own nails? Do you have your nail lady that you would take with you to a deserted island like me?

Sidenote: Happy 29th birthday to Grandma Page! (Maybe a few more than 29?) Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. <3 <3 <3 ZOYA ZOYA ZOYA ZOYA <3 <3 <3

    Can you guess my favorite brand of nail polish??? Best part? NO CHIPPING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete