Thursday, May 5, 2011

#198: Employed

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was such a busy, happy, long, happy day. Yes, I said happy twice.

I worked from 8am-7pm and boy, is that a long day. My coworker is on vacation in Florida right now (lucky duck!) and with only two of us that work in the office, it's up to me to cover her shifts. I definitely don't mind the extra money and after a few days, I'm used to getting up at 6:45am and working eleven hours.

Yesterday was a little special though. At around 10am, I got a phone call from an 804 (Richmond, in case you didn't know)area code number. I immediately knew who it was, but they didn't leave a voicemail. A few minutes later, I received an e-mail from the HR (human resources) representative from the job I interviewed at in Richmond a couple weeks ago (here is the story of my first go-around with them). And the subject of the e-mail was "Job Offer." My heart leaped for joy. I was so ecstatic.

I opened the e-mail and confirmed the subject. They wanted to offer me a job. I almost couldn't wait until my lunch break to call her back and accept the offer! The pay is lower than I originally wanted, but honestly, this job is what I want to do, it's close to our apartment AND I only had to go through the trouble of one interview because this, my friends, was the ONLY job I applied to. God will provide the income that we need, and there is room for growth and promotion in this company, and I've worked my way up twice. I can definitely handle doing it again.

And to top off the happy amazing day, I got to see J! He was up from Richmond for the day, working with his mom on a project for his final portfolio (art). We had dinner with my dad, brother and nephew and then we watched and movie and got to have actual alone time, which we haven't had in at least a couple of months.

So that is my synopsis of my happy Wednesday. How was your Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment