Sunday, May 22, 2011

#214: Yard Sales

I haven't been to a yard sale in ages. So since I was home Saturday morning (only one more Saturday working to go!), I decided to see if I could find a few near my house to check out. My sister-in-law went with me (well, more like I went with her since she drove), and after driving around for awhile (and passing multiple shady/crappy looking sales), we stopped at one that was being held in a community pool parking lot. We had only gotten to the first table when I saw something I wanted: a kitchen cart. Checked the price tag. Not shabby. But the test was seeing if it could fit in the car.

After some seriously bungee tying by the previous owner, it came home with me!! I was so happy.

They bought it from IKEA for $100 and how much did I snag it for?

TEN BUCKS. Yes, you read that right. Crazy.

Obviously, there's some damage on the top, but that's nothing that a sander and some mineral oil can't fix. I'll most likely be putting this in our dining room, actually. I can't wait to load it up with linens and towels in the drawers and display some of my beautiful glass on the bottom shelves. And I will most definitely be filling the top with yummy food for a buffet housewarming party. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment