Sunday, May 22, 2011

#216: Visiting Music

I posted a status on Facebook today about my ceremony music and there was a request for me to post my song choices!

I'm not going to share them all, but I will share a few of the prelude songs (which are played while guests are being seated) and the bride's processional (I've always been open about my choice).

Without further ado, here are three of my eight prelude songs:

1. "You're My Home" by Billy Joel
link to Billy Joel's version
This is actually an amazing cover of it! (YouTube won't allow embedding of Billy Joels' version)


2. "Sweet Pea" by Amos Lee



3. "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele





I will be walking down the aisle to "Canon in D" which is a pretty popular wedding song. My mom used this song when she and my dad married over 25 years ago, and I love the way it sounds. This is the song being performed by San Francisco Early Music Ensemble Voices of Music using the original instruments Pachelbel intended for use to play this song. This version is beautiful, but mine sounds quite different.



And there you go! What do you think? Do you love Adele's voice as much as I do? 

1 comment:

  1. I realize that you will probably kill me for JUST NOW reading this...but omg I TOTALLY love your song picks and decided last time I heard "Canon in D" that I want to walk down the isle to it!! (: I love you.

    ReplyDelete