Sunday, May 15, 2011

#209: Tacky

I'm back today to share a couple of my favorite gifts from my shower yesterday. So here we go:

1. This awesome clock! J wanted to register for it to put in his office. And now he has it! He was so happy and I've gotta be honest, this clock is growing on me. And I kinda want to put it somewhere else in the apartment so I can see it too!! (And because I'm working on humility, I'll be really honest: It took me a couple turns to figure out how the clock was set up...I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed!)


2. Ok, so this isn't really a gift, persay, but I got to see my little monster! I had missed him so much since he and my sister moved. It's been a nice five or so days hanging out and hearing all the new things he has to say. "Ta-da!!!!!" and "What's that?" are my favorites. 

3. This one has a very special story. I picked up the red Talbot's box to open it and my cousin Jessica stood up and said, "okay, so let me tell you the story behind this present." I immediately began to panic. She then proceeded to tell me that this was given to her at her bridal shower seven years ago by our second cousin, Kim. It was given to Kim at her bridal shower ten years ago by her mom, my great-aunt (dad's aunt) Clare. And now I shall introduce: Tacky Bridal Doll. Seriously, that is her name. 
J said she was prettier than me. What a funny guy.

I'm pretty sure she'll end up somewhere at my wedding! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment