Monday, May 23, 2011

#217: Toast

I love antique shopping. Thankfully, my mom does too. And she knows where all the good stores are.

On our most recent trip to Lancaster, PA, we did some shopping. I walked away from the weekend only spending ten bucks. No lie.

I ended up buying two vases (just plain clear glass ones for everyday use) and our toasting glasses!

J and I didn't really care much about the glasses and certainly didn't want to spend a lot of money on them. I do, however, want to pull them out for special occasions, and of course, anniversaries.

And you shouldn't be surprised at our non-conventional toasting glasses. These are not champagne flutes, my friends:

Those are pilsner glasses. I snapped a picture of one and sent it to J who immediately responded with "I like!" and thus, they were bought. When two people agree on something, it should be so. No hesitation. Don't give either party a chance to change their mind. That's just one of the pearls of wisdom I've learned from wedding planning.

Oh, and how much did these bad boys cost?

They broke the bank. At one buck per piece. That's two dollars total. Perfection.

1 comment:

  1. If you want, Benjamin can bring a bottle of his hefeweisen for you to toast with instead of champagne! ;)

    ReplyDelete