Saturday, May 14, 2011

#208: Bridal Shower

Today I had my bridal shower. My mom and sister and sister-in-law (and her sister too!) did an amazing job! I felt so incredibly blessed by everyone's generosity! I'm going to do an overview today, but I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of my favorite gifts!

Mom decided to take our wedding color scheme (brown/white/green) and mix in a little red and pink to decorate for the shower. She did some amazing silk flower centerpieces! She also pulled out some of her antique glass to serve food in. And of course, we drank the punch from martini glasses. Classy!

You know I  wouldn't do an overview without mentioning the food. We had chicken salad sandwiches, a fruit (cantaloupe, green grapes and blueberries) and three cheese tortellini cold salad in a sort of yogurt sauce, kettle potato chips, deviled eggs and pickles. And then for dessert, my amazing sister made chocolate cupcakes with my a sour cream chocolate frosting, almond cupcakes with my grandma's frosting with almond extract, and of course, her famous chocolate chip cookies. So yum. Ridiculous actually.

So here's a few photos:




Isn't that big flower arrangement gorgeous? I absolutely love it. We're planning on pulling out all the pink and red flowers and replacing them with whites and greens for the wedding. Can't wait to see the statement it makes in our venue!

2 comments:

  1. It was so great to be there! Loved getting to know your family more too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to make it! Isn't my family fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete