Saturday, May 14, 2011

#207: Miss Attitude

 Please excuse the fact that this was not posted on Friday. It still works, okay?

Good news and bad news. Which do you want first?


Okay, in-between news it is:

It's Friday! (Cue Rebecca Black. Oh wait, is that fad over now?)

Now. The good news is that I have my dress back from alterations! The bad news is I can barely breathe in it. But I personally think breathing is overrated. It's like sleeping. Completely unnecessary. So we're good.

This is where the title comes into play. When you buy your dress at David's Bridal and get your alterations done there, they steam your dress for you prior to you taking it home. I asked for my dress to not be steamed now, so that I can bring it back the week of the wedding. They charge for every steaming after the initial one. Now here's my thought process:
-There's still six weeks left until the wedding.
-I was planning on leaving the dress out of the bag once I got it home so it won't get wrinkled again (and don't worry, it won't be in a place that any one in my house goes).
-I'm not leaving my dress out of the bag for six weeks. Six days, maybe, but not weeks.

It was then that the alterations manager copped an attitude with me and told me it didn't make a difference because my dress was going to be wrinkled once they put it in the garment bag. I said, "I'd rather it be wrinkled for ten minutes until I get it home than for six weeks." I also told her I didn't appreciate her attitude. I'm not above telling people that they're out of line. I would expect someone to tell me if I was being rude to them. And at this point in wedding planning, I've seen it all. At first, I let it go. But then I noticed it kept happening with every person I came in contact with. And it started to get old. Really old. So now I speak up. And I feel so much better about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment