Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#211: Laguna Niguel Wedding Case Study

We haven't done a case study in a while, and I came across an absolutely breathtaking wedding today on Style Me Pretty.

This wedding had so many amazing things.  The flowers, the light and airy feel, the joy, and the fun. I loved every aspect of it. Here are my eight favorite shots from the gallery.

1. The dress. I. die. I know it looks so simple, but I love the small train and the flowy look of the skirt. I love how it's a figure flattering dress without being super tight or revealing. Perfect.

2. And that bouquet? Amazing. I would literally give my firstborn child to have peonies at our wedding. It unfortunately falls too late in the spring (technically it's summer on June 25), so peonies are out of season and no florist can guarantee that they would be carrying them then. So for now, I will salivate over these beauties.

3. Again, this is such a simple thing. But add the silver stand and more gorgeous peonies and it's breathtaking. Well, that...and I like cake. Just being honest here.

4. Chivari chairs, flowy linens and more peonies. What more could you ask for? Love the soft uplighting on the walls as well. It makes the room look so much larger!

5. I don't know this bride, but I teared up when I saw this picture. I have no idea how I'll feel when my mom is zipping up my wedding gown, but I'm hoping I've got at least half the smile this girl does! Pure joy right there.

6. And to continue in the parental theme, I also teared up when I saw this picture. Frankly, I tear up when I think about any aspect of our wedding ceremony. My dad giving me away, saying our vows, being pronounced husband and wife. I feel so blessed that I get to marry the man of my dreams and I'm sure the overwhelming feeling I currently have can only increase!

7. Do I really need to comment on this picture? Breathtaking.

8. Hello new dress! Hello dancing! What a fun couple! J and I have two left feet (ok, he doesn't, but I don't want to look like the only loner who can't dance, so I just included him), so I doubt we'd look this coordinated dancing. We'd probably be in a pile on the floor if we attempted it!

So that is my take on this gorgeous wedding! There wasn't one aspect I disliked. And honestly, if I were to throw a different wedding (I absolutely LOVE the one we're planning now, don't get me wrong), it would look just like this. I would incorporate the soft pastels of the peonies and keep everything else white and simple.

What do you think about this wedding? Are you as in love with peonies as I am? Did you believe me when I said I'd give my firstborn child? I'm not sure my mom or J's mom would actually support that decision...

*All photos from StyleMePretty.com, courtesy of Boutwell Studios

2 comments:

  1. I wondered about the phrase, "I would LITERALLY give my first born child..." You might want to look up the meaning of literally! :) Love the wedding too, every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a gorgeous wedding! I think peonies are beautiful, but my favorites are calla lilies. :)

    ReplyDelete