Monday, March 21, 2011

#154: Why I Blog

This post is primarily for myself. I've been feeling pretty down lately, especially with regard to my blog. I know you all are still out there reading it, but I've been feeling like I'm doing this for nothing. Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with something to post (although I know this will change drastically within the next few weeks).

I started this blog as a way to let people know how wedding planning was going in a place designed specifically for that purpose. It's so I don't bombard Facebook and Twitter with wedding-related posts because I know those can be annoying!

As I kept writing more and more posts (I can't believe I'm up to 154!!), I realized that writing this blog everyday is like writing in a journal. It can be frustrating, yet therapeutic. I plan on making my complete 250 posts into a book. I can't wait to look back on it in a couple years and remember how crazy life was while planning our dream wedding. I can't wait to read about my struggles and see how much God has blessed us during this process.

As for what you'll see over the next 96 days, I'm not 100% sure. I'll be introducing you to our wedding party, you'll get a guest post from J, and I'm sure I'll be posting some of our DIY projects as they get done!

Thanks for reading and for all the comments and support you guys have given me during our whole engagement. It's greatly appreciated and we love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I read it everyday and enjoy it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm a slacker with commenting! I love your blog and think your book idea is lovely. What a treasure in years to come. It's something your kids can read too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Miss B. I think it is a wonderful idea, and your dedication to it is a reflection on how dedicated you are to J. You have a lot to be proud of!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm still here! i love reading your blog!!! keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete