Thursday, March 3, 2011

#135: Great Expectations

In preparation for our next premarital counseling session, our pastor asked J and I to write 20 expectations we have for marriage. He said they could be big picture things, like "I want to stay home once we have kids" or little thing like "do the dishes every day."

I haven't finished my list yet, but here are some that didn't make the cut:

1. I expect to be treated like a queen everyday. No chores, no job, and an endless shopping allowance.

2. Breakfast in bed every morning (no earlier than 10am).

3. Flowers sent to me every day.

4. An exotic vacation at least once a year (we'll get one in this year though :)).

5. I want J to bear our children so I can keep my figure.

Yeah, kind of unrealistic ones there...

Maybe I'll share a few of the ones that did make the cut. And then all you married people out there can laugh at me.

1 comment: