Tuesday, March 15, 2011

#148: Bring on the Sun

Confession: I like tanning beds. Please no lectures on skin cancer and all that. I've heard them all and yes, I am aware of the dangers.

I'm not the kind of person who tans every day, but come spring and summer, I like a little color! I've been in a wedding or had a major event every year for the past five years. My regular routine has been to tan for eight to ten minutes two or three days a week for four weeks before the event. This year is kind of a BIG event :))

I've looked into spray tans, but honestly, I'm not digging it. The possibility for error is much too high. Streaks, discoloration, color transfer (onto my WHITE wedding dress? I don't think so!), and an orangey look are not part of my ideal agenda. Also, since we'll be honeymooning in Cancun, I'd like to have a base tan so I don't turn into a lobster there! And a spray tan can't do that for me.

So for my wedding, I'll be hitting the tanning bed. I'm not going to go overboard or go every day. I'll also be spending time outside, getting some natural rays! I'm ready to have a beautiful bronze glow on the day I marry my best friend!!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be stunning! Can't wait to see Erin the bride.

    ReplyDelete