Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#142: American Idol

I really wasn't sure that this season of American Idol was going to be any good without Simon, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The new judges are great, but I think the talent is even better!

My dad and I like to watch Idol together and chat about it (like we're music experts or something). And out of the Top 13 that performed tonight, we liked seven of them total. That's pretty good in my book!

Here's my top 3:
1. Scotty McCreery: Obviously he's #1 because he sings country. And with a voice like Josh Turner...
Here's his performance from last week. He sang Garth Brooks proud this evening :)


2. Pia Toscano: She's the powerhouse of the group and definitely the best girl in the competition! This is also last week's performance for her. She performed Celine Dion tonight (which is usually a big NO NO), but the judges lapped it up.


3. James Durbin: He's one of the two rockers in the Top 13. He reminds a lot of people of Adam Lambert, but here's the kick: James can actually make it through a song without screaming! Amazing...



And because number one always deserves a little extra...here's another video of Scotty performing "Ol' Red" by Blake Shelton at a festival last fall:

3 comments:

  1. :: oh man hams, i am actually totally digging Paul Mcdonald (his voice is UNREAL & soooo unique!) and I really liked this performance by Haley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4yaVpMAQCE ...wow she is..insane! I actually like her better than Pia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul was definitely one of the seven I liked last night. Not top 3 for me though. And Haley WAS good, but since she made the top 24, her performances are not up to par with the rest of the group. We'll see how they do!

    ReplyDelete