Sunday, March 20, 2011

#153: Pink is the New Black

I've owned a hot pink pair of Keds for about three to four years. I don't think I've worn them more than a handful of times. The weather was super nice on Friday morning, so I decided to wear them out to run errands with Little Monster.

Within three minutes of stepping foot in Ulta, he managed to knock over a bottle of black nail polish onto the ground. It broke and splashed everywhere. Yup, you guessed it. Right onto my hot pink keds.

I was so bummed that I wouldn't be able to get the polish off my shoes. But, guess what?! I did :)

Here are some before pictures:

 I decided to try using acetone and a q-tip to gently rub the polish off. I didn't think it would work, but it worked well enough that I'm happy with the results:

 I'm bummed that a little of the color came off, but I'm so happy that they're cleaned well enough that I will wear them again! The side didn't clean up as well as the top, but when the shoe is tied, the laces actually fall right over the affected area. Score.
Just for the record, I took these pictures before the shoe had a chance to completely dry. I'm looking at them now and they are looking good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment