Monday, December 13, 2010

#57: Things I've Learned

I started this blog 57 days ago and boy have I learned a lot about blogging! I've learned to insert pictures, link pages, and how to be funny in my writing (although, I'll admit I'm still working on that one).

I came across this blog about a month ago, and I mentioned it here (see #5 under "edit"). Kendi has such amazing style! But on top of that, she has an amazing blog. She's such a great writer and she's so funny. I feel like I know her even though...I don't.

I've learned a few things about blogging from just reading Kendi's last 30 posts (she did this thing called "30 for 30 remix," where she chose 30 articles of clothing/shoes and only wore those things for 30 days. Hence the "remix" part.):
1. It's ok if you don't know who is reading your blog. Write anyways. Even if no one comments on it, just write. You'll be glad you did.
2. Talk to your readers as if you're having a conversation with them or sending them an e-mail (although I use a lot of smileys and less proper grammar in my personal e-mails...my bad.)
3. Don't care what other people think. Care what you think.
4. Get your cute husband to take pictures of you (Check! Well...I have a cute fiance, does that count?).
5. Have fun! And make fun of yourself.

I am so grateful to all of you who read this blog! And even if you don't comment, which you should because it makes me feel happy and you don't have to have a blogger account to do so, I'm still happy you're here.

I'm thinking of doing some sort of Christmas giveaway...but that would require you to comment. I suggest you learn how to now and get used to doing it and then you'll be able to enter the drawing!

3 comments:

  1. Teach me your waaaaaaays.
    I don't know how to embed a youtube video like you do!
    I tried, thought I had it, but it didn't work ... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tempted to comment everyday...but I have stopped myself sometimes because I feel like a stalker! :)

    ReplyDelete