Thursday, December 23, 2010

#66: Knotties

No, this post isn't about how to tie different knots (although I do know two Eagle Scouts that could teach you a thing or two about knot-tying...). Soon after we got engaged, I discovered The Knot. Really original name...tying the knot...the knot...dot com. So clever.

From here on out, I'll be referring to The Knot as TK. You'll understand why when I start using all the other abbreviations people use on this site.

TK has a lot of cool features, most of which I don't care for or need. They have gobs of photos of bridal gowns, shoes (all ugly), bridesmaids dresses, flowers, cakes, you name it, they got it. They also have a checklist...check mine out.

See how many things I have yet to do? Let me show you my edited screenshot.

Yes, that would be 154 items, in case the font is too small for you to see it...thanks TK. Really.

The feature I love most about this site though, is the boards. People can post about anything and everything and then other people can respond and create a thread. This is very similar to a facebook status or something and having people comment on it.

People who post on these boards are called "Knotties." Again with the original name. You're killing me!

I have my June 2011 girls. There's probably over a hundred of us! These are some of the sweetest girls I've ever met (even though I've never met any of them in person!). They are always encouraging and willing to help a girl out. I've asked numerous questions and they've all be answered so sweetly and with such good advice!

We use cool lingo like:

WR = Wedding Related
FI = Fiance
STDs = Save the Dates (I cringe every time I read this...)
WP = Wedding Party
PIP = Picture in Post

I can feel your jealousy of our cool "knottie lingo" oozing through the computer screen. I know. You don't have to tell me. If you want to be cool and ask me how my BMs are doing and if my FSIL is cool, go ahead. My bridesmaids are all doing well and my future-sister-in-law is, in fact, very cool. Thanks for asking. Do you feel cool now? And why do I keep using the word cool? Should I switch to groovy? No? ok.

But back to my June 2011 girls. I've got a bunch of date twins (girls who are also getting married on June 25th) and it's so awesome to count down with and chat wedding stuff with girls who are just as obsessed as I am! Because as much as my BMs love me, I'm pretty sure they really don't want to hear all about WR things every time we talk. You're welcome BMs :)

Another groovy thing about TK is that there's a step-up place to go AFTER the wedding is over. It's called The Nest. They're killing me with these highly original names! I've ventured over to TN sometimes, but I'm content to stay with my girls for now.

Got any cool abbreviations to share? Just don't be jeal that I use abbrevs. Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously cute house. I can just see you and Josh snug as little bugs in a rug there... :)

    ReplyDelete