Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#58: Let's Buy Some Shoes

Ok, so at the beginning of my Christmas shopping period (maybe six to eight weeks ago?), I put a pause on personal shopping. I promised myself (this never turns out well) that I would not buy anything for myself until after Christmas.

Surprisingly, I did pretty darn well. As far as I can recall, I've only gotten myself two things.

#1: A braided leather belt for...SIX BUCKS. You really can't beat that. On sale from $25. Heck yes. Reason #2823424349087 why I love Target.


I just love the color variation in the belt AND the fact that it's real leather isn't half bad either.

#2: Over-the-knee boots in Mocha. Bought from Alloy. Regular price $42.90 (what I paid for the black pair I wore in these photos). What I bought the Mocha pair for: $22.90. My sincere thanks to sale e-mails. Man, I love sales.

Not too shabby for a VERY impulsive shopper. Oh, wait. I did buy cable knit black, grey and white striped thigh-high socks...

I mean, it IS below freezing outside. Gotta keep the thighs warm too. And for only $5, it wasn't a bad deal. There's my justification. And everything has to happen in threes right?

So let's now move onto the things I plan on buying as soon as Christmas is over. And yes, I mean Sunday the 26th.

#1: A new pair of black pumps. I sent my old ones to the grave* about two months ago. I just couldn't bear to wear them any longer. They served me well for five years, but the suede outside was falling off and I was resorting to coloring in the patches with a black Sharpie (which, by the way, is a perfectly acceptable and actually recommended way to make your pumps last longer...nobody's THAT close to your shoes to notice the difference). They were also starting to hurt my feet. I think after five years, they started to stretch out with my feet and the ball of my foot kept getting pinched in between the insole and the outside.  I cried and said a little prayer for them as I said goodbye. And then promptly went out and bought a new pair of Candie's (5") stilettos...

I regretted that purchase as soon as I wore them. I decided to "break them in" by wearing them to work for seven hours. I got a lot of compliments, but by the end of the night, I had almost sprained my ankle AND I did pull a muscle in my foot, which still bothers me to this day. So...they got returned. Thankfully, Kohl's will take ANYTHING back, no questions asked. Since I returned those, I haven't found a pair I like yet. But these are promising:
The ones on the left look the most similar to my old ones. Priced at $32.99 (Target), it would definitely be worth the investment. The ones on the right, also from Target, have the same round toe that I loved with my old pumps but are a little shiny and would transition well from work to play. They're priced at $29.99 (also a good deal).

#2: A pair of nude pumps. I would really like THESE, but the $775 price tag is a bit of a deterrent (one day, I WILL own a pair of Louboutins, mark my words). So I will settle for these much cheaper look-a-likes (once again, from Target):
Maybe I can find some red paint to paint the soles...tear.

Bee-tee-dubs...just came across these on the Louboutin website...sigh. I think I'm in love.

My wallet is yelling at me to move on...

#3: A playful pair of shoes.




The zebra print is so playful and will show off a great pedicure with the peep-toe (haha I typed poop-tee on the first try...oh boy) action. The heel is high, doesn't look too high, which is a plus. (Orig. $26.99, on sale now for $18.88, Target)

The denim flat is super cute and would go well with my spring/summer wardrobe. Neutral AND denim goes with everything. Perfect. ($24.99, Target)

The last pair is super playful, but I would probably never get them. I need more support in my shoes, especially if I'm going out on the town in them (I know that makes me sound like an old lady, but it's true). I tend to stick to peep toes and boots when I dress up. But I do love the flowers and the double ankle strap on these. ($39.99, Target)

Have you put a pause on personal shopping? If so, how did it go? Are you proud of me? Which of the playful pairs of shoes do you like best?

Stay tuned for that giveaway I mentioned yesterday...it could come any day! Or I could just be stringing you along in order to get more readers...who knows.


*the trashcan. I didn't have the heart to write it all out in one complete sentence. You understand, don't you?

4 comments:

  1. o0o I like the nude pumps. Seems different, or something I don't see too often.

    This is a fun post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes have always alluded me. Never know what goes with what. Once you move here, you need to take me shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own the second pair of black pumps that you posted from Target in black "leather", patent, and wine. They are SO comfortable. I always wear them when I have meetings in DC or are going out, because I know my feet will be comfy all night long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Beth, we will have SO many girl outings together, I just know it! :)

    Thanks for the recommendation Kelly! I was leaning towards those ones too!

    ReplyDelete