Friday, December 24, 2010

#67: House Hunters

Although J and I know for sure that we're moving into an apartment come June, it doesn't deter me from doing a little house hunting in my spare time. I'd like to thank the Petersiks over the Young House Love for that. They recently bought a new house and I now love little one level ranchers. I never thought I could. But now I do. The brick, the..one level, the detached garages, all of it. Crazy.

I was on Zillow.com the other day just perusing houses in the Richmond area and I found a house (although, not a one level rancher) that literally took my breath away (cue Top Gun soundtrack). Of the seven photos of the house on Zillow, I gasped at five of them.

You can also find the house at http://www.609bancroft.com/.

Here are the stats on the house that I am in love with, but will never move into:

- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Originally built in 1915
- Roughly 1,800 square feet
- 4 fireplaces (all with restored original mantles!)
- Original 1910 clawfoot bathtub in the upstairs bathroom. Yes please.

And without further ado, here are the pictures I got off Zillow:
 Gorgeous outside! Love the covered porch and the dark wood front door.

 Gasp #1: Love the ceilings and the dark wood mantle. I die. Seriously. And don't even get me started on the high ceiling and the super wide doorway!

 I feel like this room has SO much potential. Perfect. Imagine the light fixture possibilities!

 Gorgeous well-lit dining room area. And the dark wood floors. Gasp #2.

 I can't believe the spaciousness of this kitchen! Gasp #3, soooo much potential in this kitchen. Matching barstools would be a must. Maybe take out the storage on the left and extend the counter and put in more cabinets (matching of course). And the walk in pantry on the right? I die.

 Um, HELLO his and her sinks in the master bathroom! I love them! Definitely gasp #4. Again with the dark wood. But I love the seperate mirrors, the gorgeous lighting AND the vanity in between.

Gasp #5: I love love LOVE indoor sunrooms and patios. The light wood cabinets make the room feel light and airy. This room has a lot of potential for changes. I would probably get rid of the cabinets or find use for them elsewhere in the house, only because J has some amazing artwork that would go great in a sunny room like this. I'm seeing a nice daybed and some comfy chairs and of course, lots of plants that I hope to somehow keep alive.

So there's the house that made me die. Literally. It's bananas. (Puh-lease tell me you watch The Rachel Zoe Project?)

3 comments:

  1. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS I totally skipped all the reading and just went to all the pictures... and was like NO WAY AWESOME COOLEST HOUSE EVER! Then I went back up and read "never move into" and got real sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT DID YOU SEE THE PRICE??????????? Are you SURE you guys can't do that??? It might be worth a look....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha we are in absolute love with this house, but it's not the right time for us to buy. We don't want to be "house poor" and we're not sure how long we'll be living in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete