Thursday, June 9, 2011

#234: Moved In!

Since there's so much to share, I'll be breaking this into two posts! Lucky you.

We moved into our apartment today! J and I were so blessed to have such great help today. Our dads and my brother (along with us) loaded up all the stuff I had (that was packed) at my parent's house into a trailer (thanks to my boss, Dr. Stinson, for loaning it to us!) and a van borrowed from one of J's friends. We made the trek down to Richmond (I was wayyy ahead of the pack and arrived about 30-45 minutes before they did.

J's mom and I arrived at the apartment at literally the same time. I backed my car into the parking spot and put my car in park, look up, and see her doing the same thing. Love it. She met us down there after loading her car with some of the stuff J had at their house.

We unloaded our cars in time for our third mommy, Beth and my brothers from another mother, Ben and Bryce, to arrive with even more of J's stuff. We were in the process of unloading their cars when J and the dads arrived with the trailer and van.

Coupled with the heat (heat index of 105 today!) and the small set of stairs we had to constantly go up and down, we were pouring sweat. I'm happy to report that I smelled WAY better than the boys. Trust me. And I got a good whiff of J...blech. But he loves me when I smell bad, so I'm happy to reciprocate. That's what love is all about, people.

All in all, it was a 12 hour process from the hitching of the trailer to our return home tonight. We spent the majority of the afternoon building furniture (and by we, I mean the boys), doing laundry (me) and unloading, washing and putting away kitchen items (thanks to J's mom and Beth for that!).

Fun fact: when we moved from San Diego to Virginia 14 years ago, my dad's mom (my mom's mother-in-law) unpacked our kitchen and put everything away. Today, J's mom (my future mother-in-law) did it. Love it. Those mother-in-laws are awesome.

Ok, I know you're itching for some pictures:
 Getting on the road!

View from the front door (dining room)
View from the front door looking left (living room)
 My beautiful kitchen!
 It's really not super dark. There was a bulb out in the track lighting.
My favorite part: the laundry room. I seriously love doing laundry, and having its own room makes it that much more fun. Call me crazy if you want. I call it awesome. 
Another view of the living room. 

Tomorrow, I'll show you what it looked like when we left today. So much stuff, yet we still need so many things

No comments:

Post a Comment